Moving Tips NYC - July 7, 2019
When moving, you will have to make a boatload of choices. Where will you move to? When will you relocate? Do you have what’s necessary for a successful move? Can you do it without anyone to help you? These are only some of the questions on which you will have to find answers before the upcoming relocation. It’s no wonder why so many people go through an emotional rollercoaster during the relocation! However, it seems like deciding whether you should hire professional movers vs DIY move is the hardest thing to do to most people. This is why we have created a comprehensive guide regarding this topic. Make sure to keep reading it if you want to find out which option is the better one – hiring movers or moving on your own.
Things to consider when choosing between professional movers vs DIY move
Every relocation is different in its own way. Therefore, there are no rules when it comes to choosing between moving experts and a DIY move. People have different moving requirements and that’s why they’ll have to take all of them into consideration before choosing between these two options. Here’s what you’ll have to take into consideration before making your decision.
- Timeline. Do you have a flexible schedule or not? In case you have to move in a hurry, you won’t have enough time to organize the whole relocation on your own. However, if you’re not relocating for a job and have plenty of time to plan the move, you could consider relocating on your own.
- The amount of stuff. If you have been living in one home for a longer period of time, you might become overwhelmed when you realize the number of items you’ll have to pack. Instead of trying to handle all of your moving boxes on your own, hire moving experts!
- Distance. Are you moving just a few blocks away or across the world? If you’re moving over long distances, you’ll want to have someone experienced by your side.
- Cost. One of the things you’ll have to do when organizing the move is to determine your moving budget. This way you’ll know whether you’ll be able to afford moving services. Luckily, today, there are many affordable and reliable moving companies. You can even rent moving bins NYC at a cost-effective price!
- Capability. Are you physically capable of moving everything on your own? Or do you have friends and strong family members that can help you out? If so, you might consider moving on your own.
In order to get the answer on which option is the better one – hiring professional movers vs DIY move, we want to analyze thoroughly both of them. Moving by yourself comes with many upsides, but there are some downsides that will make you wonder whether hiring movers is a better option. People who decide to relocate on their own love the fact that they’re in control. A DIY move means that you’ll control how your belongings are packed, loaded and unpacked. The whole relocation will be in your hands which is a good thing if you have the necessary experience. And you can always get plastic moving bins NYC without hiring movers! In addition to this, moving on your own is sometimes a cheaper solution than hiring movers. Relocations can be expensive, especially when you’re moving over long distances.
Downsides of moving by yourself
Moving on your own is a cheaper solution.. but only if you don’t experience problems during the move. You should keep in mind that movers have the necessary experience and skills to solve every problem they encounter during the move. Other people, on the other hand, in most cases don’t have them. And, you might make major moving mistakes that could cost you a lot. Therefore, your relocation might even cost you more if you move on your own instead of hiring movers. Also, do you know when is the best time to start packing for the move? Or maybe how to pack properly so your belongings don’t get damaged during the move? These are only some of the things you’ll have to learn before you move without the help of professional movers.
Hiring professional movers
So, what’s there to know about hiring professional movers? As you already know, relocations can be quite overwhelming. However, if you manage to find a moving company that is both reliable and reputable, you’ll relocate with ease! A good moving company will know how to tailor the move according to your needs and organize it seamlessly. You can always make the ultimate moving checklist to monitor your relocation, but with moving experts, you can be sure that everything will go according to plan! Also, when hiring movers, you’ll have the chance of choosing from many quality services that can make your move even easier. And last but not least is the cost of moving services. Not all of them are expensive!
If you decide to hire moving professionals, you’ll need to be aware of potential moving scams. This is one of the downsides of hiring a moving company. Scammers do exist and you’ll have to know how to recognize them. Therefore, before hiring one company, make sure they have a license. You can check online USDOT number and see for yourself whether a moving company has the license or not. If they don’t have one, avoid them at any cost!
Final thoughts on hiring professional movers vs DIY move
So, did you get your answer? What’s the better option – hiring professional movers vs DIY move? Take into consideration all of the things that are listed above and make the decision. Whichever option you choose, we’re sure that if you follow the tips on our blog, you’ll relocate with ease!