At-Home Packing Tips - May 8, 2021
When you consider moving, plenty of things play in your head. Whether you’ll manage to get the right supplies, pack on time, and transport everything. These are all completely typical questions. However, knowing how to do it efficiently is what seals the deal. Thanks to rent moving bins NYC you’ll always be on the right track when it comes to packing. Moreover, if you stick with us, you’ll get to see how easy packing your shed for the move is. Hence, if you want to know that and much more, check out our great tips.
Moving like a pro
Since moving is something a lot of people experience during a lifetime, it’s important to know that it’s no magic. There’s nothing that hard when it comes to moving. However, if you want your relocation to go as smoothly as possible, you’ll consider organizing your time. Being a good time manager is something that doesn’t require previous experience as much as it requires the willingness to make some effort. Therefore, if you want to know how to move like a real pro, it would be good to focus on these things:
- Get the right packing supplies. Moving supplies are an essential part of your move. Knowing how to pick the right one, makes the rest of your work three times easier.
- Prepare a few months ahead. Being ready for your relocation requires you to start preparing at least 6-8 weeks prior. This will help you to arrange everything on time.
- Pack efficiently. Something you must have heard times before is to pack efficiently. This is actually quite important since it requires you to think outside of the box. Pack one room at a time and label every box.
- Know what to do on the day of the move. The crucial day is the day of your relocation. Knowing how to set moving day priorities is something you need to do before it comes.
- Declutter before leaving. A great way to help you save some time and energy is decluttering your home. That will help you sort important things and cross off the list the ones you’ll leave behind.
- Sell or donate something. Everyone feels tied to certain things. In the end, it all comes down to knowing what’s useful from what’s not. Dragging along unnecessary items that will continue to collect dust in your new place doesn’t sound that appealing.
What supplies to get when moving?
Most of the time you will have to buy moving supplies when moving. When doing so, you should keep in mind that going green is something you should practice much as you can. For instance, cardboard boxes are not eco-friendly as you may have thought. That’s why you should consider using alternatives instead.
When thinking about what moving supplies to use when either packing a shed or your room, you should keep in mind certain things. There are some general rules to follow when it comes to getting the right moving supplies. They usually include:
- Boxes – They vary in size. Depending on which one you need, get the appropriate one. However, you should recycle those boxes once you moved.
- Tapes – They are very different but basically have the same purpose. You can either use a duck-tape or scotch tape when packing.
- Markers – An important part of the process. Label your material to speed up the part where you unpack your stuff.
- Scissors – You won’t use your hands, for sure. Bring sharp scissors, but keep them in their package in the meantime.
Packing tips 101
Whether you need plastic wardrobe boxes for moving or any other eco-friendly material when packing, you should know that packing is actually a big part of your relocation. There are several things to keep in mind before you start packing. Some of these refer to:
- Setting a timer – Pack only 1-2 hours a day.
- Keep your kids occupied – If your children want to help, give them a chance to feel like they’re needed.
- Heavy items go first – Be sure to pack the largest items first
- Know which materials to use – For instance, when you’re packing fragile items, wrap them in newspapers and linens before putting them in boxes.
Packing your shed for a move
Preparing a shed for a move is a great opportunity to get rid of the garbage. That is a great way to be a multitasker. Moreover, there are several ways to pack your shed which are very useful. First of all, you should remove all the bulky and large items from your shed. That will give you enough space to see what else to pack and what to list off. Carefully take out the rest of your tools and appliances and clean each one. Then, clean your shed thoroughly since that is one of the spots in your house that is the dirtiest. Then, you can move on to preparing your shed for a move. Be sure to have the necessary green moving supplies. You will do this by:
- Disassembling large items
- Putting tools in joint boxes
- Wrapping and securing blades and saws
- Organize a sale for unnecessary items
Packed up and ready to go
Now that you’ve learned how packing your shed actually works, you can focus on some other things. If you’re moving to a place that doesn’t contain a shed, it would be good to rent a storage unit. Using a storage unit is something quite common these days. Moreover, it is something very frequent. Being practical is actually what counts these days whether it refers to the relocation or storing. What’s important is knowing how to find the right balance when handling these things. That’s when you’ll know you’re on the right track. All in all, don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel stuck with packing or moving supplies. You will do just great!