Eco Friendly Packing Guide - June 6, 2019
If you are planning your upcoming relocation, there are some ways you can save your money, your time and the environment. Having an eco-friendly move is becoming a very popular option. If you have some extra moving boxes that you don’t have the room for, you should consider going green in your storage unit. Everything from electricity, packing materials, cleaning products, and fuel are used during the moving process. If you want to save the environment while moving and renting storage, keep reading. Take a look at the following guide for having a green-move and saving the environment along the way.
How to prepare your stuff for storing?
Before you consider going green in your storage unit, first you must understand the importance of an eco-friendly move. Since most people use storage space during the moving process, it’s easy to assume that they will need additional storage space. There are many different storage units available – cheap ones, expensive ones, smaller and bigger ones. However, going green in your storage unit will depend on the way you use space, packing materials and save the environment while storing.
One of the first things you should consider doing before renting a storage unit is downsizing your inventory. The reason is simple – the fewer items you need to store, less packing materials you’ll use and waste. Also, maintaining a storage unit can often cost a lot, especially if you want to rent a big one. By saving money on packing supplies, you will make sure to save the environment and have an eco-friendly move.
After you decide which items you want to put in storage, you should make sure to choose just the right packing materials. The best packing materials for eco-friendly storing are the reusable ones. Materials like moving bins, reusable containers and bags are a way better solution than cardboard boxes. In case you already have some moving boxes leftover from a previous move, you can use them too.
Going green in your storage unit – how to save money?
These days, we don’t think twice when it comes to choosing a storage space for our stuff. Most people take for granted all the packing materials that might be a future waste, or the electricity needed to lighten the unit. If you can choose the storage unit, it’s always better to use money-saving lightbulbs and reusable packing materials.
If you are going green in your storage unit, that means that you are not wasting any resources and money on unnecessary things. If you can get some eco-friendly storage bins, you will save a lot of money on the packing materials. Also, by being able to stack the bins on top of each other, you will save some space, too.
What are the benefits of eco-friendly storage?
Most of us are not happy with the idea of polluting the environment. However, during the moving process, there are often situations where we are not able to stay eco-friendly. Luckily, there are some good eco-friendly companies like Capital City Bins that are all about going green in your storage. By using the packing materials that you will not throw away after the move, you will make sure to save the environment. These are the three most common benefits of going green in your storage unit:
- Saving space – and by saving space, you will make sure to save money on maintaining the storage unit.
- Saving money. Who doesn’t want to save money on their move? If you are in the middle of a relocation process, you should try to use the reusable packing materials and enjoy an eco-friendly move.
- Saving the environment. Everything concerning the moving process can be a threat to the environment. The cleaning products, the fuel for transportation and wasting too much of the packing materials are not an eco-friendly option.
Which packing materials are the best to use?
Whether you plan to store your stuff in the middle of the moving process or not, you should consider going green in your storage unit. Here are some suggestions for using the best environment-friendly packing materials:
- Use storage bins that are durable and reusable. There are many moving companies which will support you with going green in your storage unit. These bins are easy to use and they offer a lot more space for storing than cardboard boxes.
- Avoid disposable plastic materials. If you can wrap delicate items in towels or old shirts – do it. Bubbly paper is one of the least eco-friendly materials you could find.
- Optimize storage space. Reusable bins are easy to stack together and they will make your inventory safe for a longer period of time.
What to do with all the leftover packing materials?
In case you plan on going green in your storage unit but you chose to use cardboard boxes, there are still ways you can save the environment. Handling leftover packing materials in some creative ways will help you make less waste and enjoy an eco-friendly move. After you are done with storing your stuff, you can reuse the cardboard boxes for making additional storage space in your home. These boxes can be decorative, or you can use them to storage tools, clothes and other items.
Whether you are moving locally or long distance, there are always ways of going green in your storage unit. Make sure to save money, the environment and your time while preparing your inventory for storage.